ACA TAX RETURN PREPARERS DIRECTORY
American Citizens Abroad, Inc. (“ACA”) is a non-profit organization formed under the laws of the State of Delaware. The Directory presented on these web pages (the "Directory") is composed of individuals and organizations that have been identified as having an IRS Preparer Tax Identification Number (“PTIN”) (“Preparers”) OR that have signed-up to be listed as providers of services relating to the preparation of tax returns (other listed parties). The name of some Preparers was taken from an IRS list of tax professionals authorized to prepare federal tax returns; this list was obtained pursuant to a Freedom of Information Request. THIS DIRECTORY DOES NOT REPRESENT A LISTING OF ALL REGISTERED OR OTHERWISE QUALIFIED RETURN PREPARERS. SOME INFORMATION MAY BE OUT-OF-DATE OR OTHERWISE INACCURATE.
PREPARERS AND OTHER LISTED PARTIES ARE URGED TO REVIEW AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION.
Some individuals or organizations, which are listed, are not registered with the IRS and, therefore, are not able to sign returns. Rather they may provide advice and/or introduce a registered return preparer who is authorized to sign returns. (For information about who is able to prepare tax returns, see “What rules and professional obligations apply to return preparers?” and http://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals/Understanding-Tax-Return-Preparer-Credentials.)
The information presented is not verified by ACA. The Directory is not a referral service, and ACA does not recommend any specific return preparer. Some Preparers and other listed parties, but not all, are members of ACA or sit on the Board of Directors of ACA or are otherwise active in ACA.
Listed return preparers that wish to be removed from the Directory should contact ACA at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Listed return preparers wishing to amend or otherwise change their listing can do so online. Return preparers that are not listed but wish to be, can do so online. Charges may apply. See “List With Us” Tab on Home page.
This Directory is provided as a service to ACA members and the public and is a source of revenue for the organization.
Your use and access to the Directory is subject to the following conditions. If you do not agree to abide by these conditions of use, you may not use the Directory and must immediately close access to the Directory database. By using, accessing or viewing the Directory, you agree as follows:
1. Except for your Browser's ordinary caching function, and except for your own personal, internal use to locate or contact a Preparer or other listed party, the user of this website and database ("You") MAY NOT download, republish, resell, transfer, duplicate, create derivative works from (e.g., create compendiums of statistical information or lists of return preparers) or otherwise make any use of the information provided in the Directory. Information obtained from the IRS list of PTIN holders is not protected.
2. You MAY NOT, under any circumstance, use any of the information in the Directory for the purpose of sending unsolicited commercial electronic mail (email), regular U.S. postal mail (or other common carrier), or to make telephone calls, to any person listed in the Directory for purposes of soliciting from them: (i) the purchase of any product or service; (ii) the contribution to any political, social, humanitarian, philanthropic or religious organization; or (iii) for any illegal purpose, for example and without limitation, to harass such person.
3. You MAY NOT by using the Directory, engage in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of ACA or of others, including but not limited to taking any action or omitting to take any action in connection with use of the Directory that would infringe the copyright, trademark, service mark, or patent of any person, or misappropriate any trade secrets of any person.
4. You MAY NOT use information contained in the Directory to engage in activity that violates the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others.
5. You MAY NOT attempt to hack into the database, or introduce onto the ACA web servers (or any Web server used by ACA in connection with this Directory) or into the Directory, any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful software code or script.
6. You understand and agree to the following disclaimer of warranties by ACA:
(i) THE DIRECTORY IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ACA MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN.
ACA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW. UNLESS THE WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY STATED IN WRITING HEREIN, THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT ANY INFORMATION, COMPUTER PROGRAM, EFFORTS, OR ANY SOFTWARE WILL FULFILL ANY OF YOUR PARTICULAR PURPOSES OR NEEDS. ACA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY AND QUALITY OF INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE DIRECTORY AND FOR THE ACCURACY OF ANY RESULTS OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION.
(ii) To the full extent permitted by applicable law you hereby agree that ACA shall have NO liability to you for any damages of any kind, whether compensatory, consequential, incidental, special, punitive, or otherwise on account of the Directory or your use of the Directory, and you fully waive, release and covenant not to sue ACA on any claim arising out of or related in any way to the Directory.
(iii) No officer, director, employee, contractor, or Member of ACA is authorized to warranty or guarantee any benefit to be derived from the Directory, and You hereby acknowledge that You have not relied on nor will You rely on any warranties or guarantees of benefit from use of the Directory.
Updated 23 May 2014